XFN Friendly
>
A psuedo-corporate blog about Wondir.com's Live Q&A, as well as perspectives on social media and the web as a collection of people rather than documents.  

Wondir Land- on Live Q&A and the Social Web


Home Archives Contact

Click here to Ask

Wednesday, August 11, 2004 :::
 

The Feeds-First Movement

This is my first "Blog This!" post, doing it all from a little window generated by the google toolbar, wonder if this will work...

Marc talks about Jason Kottke's post suggesting we make web pages from feeds instead of feeds from web pages (that oversimplifies it but I think the point is still there). If I understand him correctly, which I may not, I agree and was hoping people would get turned on to the idea that documents and web pages are not the be-all of the web anymore. Here's his clip from Jason's piece:

I'm beginning to think that feeds (and content tagging) should be the starting point, not an offshoot. Until now, our tools have produced web pages then feeds. I'm thinking we need tools that create feeds and then let us combine them into web pages.


::: posted by Allen Searls at 5:48 PM




Powered by Blogger